On the 9th Day of #GRITmas, my rockstars gave to me:
9 tips to Breathe Your Way through a GRIT class!
- Breathe. Seriously, don’t forget to breathe…
- … and check in with yourself throughout your workout to make sure you’re still breathing
- Inhale on the less challenging part of an exercise
- Exhale on the contraction or the part where you’re moving against the force of gravity
- Expand your ribcage in all directions as you take in air between sets; this is when your body needs more oxygen to renew energy stores
- Inhale for a beat longer than your exhalation during cardio
- And seriously, even when a move is challenging, don’t hold your breath!
- While stretching, inhale to lengthen and exhale to go a little deeper in the stretch
- Honor your breath: bodies need oxygen in order to burn fat as energy!